We run a range of classes for children at our Burnt Mills studio, a little information can be seen about each of the sessions below:
Teeny and Tiny Trixies
These are 40-minute classes especially designed for our youngest dancers. They are parent-participation and involve lots of familiar songs, engaging routines and a variety of dance styles including ballet, tap and jazz. We also use props and upon signing up to attend the first lesson, each student receives a prop bag to keep and bring along each week to minimise the sharing of resources.
Teeny Trixies: 14 months – 2.5 years
Tiny Trixies: 2.5 – 3.5 years
As children become older, they attend class independently and we offer a range of classes suitable for different ages. You can see when these classes take place by visiting our timetables page. Please do contact us to book a trial at any of our classes. The classes and their estimated ages are listed below as a guide but we do also consider whether a student has had previous dance experience before advising the best group available.
Red Group- 3.5 – 5 years
Yellow Group- 3.5 – 5 years
Pink Group- 5 – 6 years
Orange Group- 6 – 7 years
Lilac Group- 7 – 8 years
Violet Group- 8 – 9 years
Green Group – 9 – 10 years
Jade Group- 9 – 11 years
Turquoise Group- 11 – 13 years
Hip Hop and Lyrical
We also run combined hip hop and lyrical classes for children. It is helpful for children to be attending other classes with us before taking on these new dance styles.
Hip hop is an energetic style of dance originating in the USA. Using elements of street and break dancing, students are encouraged to express their own individual personality.
Lyrical is a more expressive form of dance with fluid movements, inspired by elements of ballet and jazz.
Hip Hop and Lyrical 1 – Fridays: 7 – 10 years
Hip Hop and Lyrical 2- Thursdays: 11 – 14 years
Class Dates and Fees: Spring Term 2 2021
As we approach Spring term 2 for 2021, we would like to thank everyone for their support while we have had to move classes online. It seems likely that unfortunately for all/most of Spring Term 2 we will be unable to run classes at the studio. However, we are working hard to ensure that lessons can remain as engaging as possible with creative Zoom solutions and when the weather improves, we will be looking to possibly return to outdoor, sheltered classes if the guidelines change to permit this (and we will of course return to the studio as soon as we are allowed to do so). Please note the following:
- If you attend Saturday classes, the fees from the class on 2nd January that we cancelled have been rolled over to Saturday 20th February. You have not been charged for this week in the fees for Spring Term 2.
- There are no children’s classes from Saturday 13th February – Friday 19th February 2021.
- Costs for next term can be found in the table underneath and due dates for term fees are as below:
Wednesday classes- Wednesday 17th February
Thursday classes- Thursday 18th February
Friday classes- Friday 19th February
Saturday classes- Saturday 20th February
Tiny Trixies- Friday 19th February (We will be in touch individually as some of those who paid in full for last term prior to Christmas will be in credit with us)
We do realise that these are challenging times for all and therefore if you will find this difficult, please do get in touch as we can be flexible if needed.
- If you are not planning to sign up for Spring Term 2, please do get in touch and let us know as soon as possible as this is important for planning purposes.
- Depending on the restrictions etc that are in place over and after the Easter Bank Holiday weekend we may slightly alter the non-class days (i.e. we may have just one week off if we are able to return to the studio) we thank you for bearing with us on this while the situation becomes more clear and we will of course keep you posted.
Class Dates and Fees: Spring Term 1 2021